A Bourse Diary

Thoughts on stocks, speculation and ... life

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The second try...

As you easily can see, I have neglected this blog for some long time. Now I am willing to give it a second try. I wasn't away from the bourse and from the blog writing either, but I couldn't find enough time to maintain two blogs. You can see on my German site, I am still writing regularly and observing the stock exchanges and the financial markets closely.

So let try it for the first (or for the second) with this funny and ironic observation, I read about in Blogginwallstreet (one of the best investing blogs I've found):

All the world is talking about commodities as a hedge against inflation. The speculators (hedgers) buy massively all futures and derivatives and this way force the spot prices (especially of oil) to go up. Then - if we believe Blogginwallstreet - the oil producers themselves do not hedge the high prices via selling futures. But isn't it ironic - they want to hedge against inflation by pushing up the prices of the only thing where currently inflation dangers come from...




Disclaimer - I do not make recommendations to buy or sell securities - I just post my thoughts, trades and opinions. Please read the disclaimer text at the bottom of the site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and are in no way intended to serve as personal investing advice and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Readers should not make any investment decision without first conducting their own thorough due diligence. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise. While the information provided is obtained from sources believed to be reliable, its accuracy or completeness cannot be guaranteed.